Other Stuff

Saturday, August 08, 2026

Excelsior Fire Department No. 1, old station


 

Excelsior Fire Department No. 1, old station, 610 East Cambria Street, Bellwood, Pa. Blair County Station 22. Excelsior Hook and Ladder Company was formed October 12, 1981. On March 27, 1894 they changed their name to Excelsior Fire Department No. 1 and received their charter. They purchased the old Methodist church on East Cambria Street in June of 1896 and held their first meeting in the new firehouse February 27, 1900. That hall was torn down in the spring of 1950 to build a new station. During this time the building used to store records and small equipment burned. The new station, shown here, opened in October 1951. On April 4, 1998 ground was broken at First Street and Boyles Street for the current firehouse. They moved into the current building at 399 South First Street in August 1998 and dedicated it June 27, 1999. 

No comments:

Post a Comment