Wednesday, September 17, 2008

www.ohiobarns.com (PG LXXV)


OK, I confess, I don't drive around and stumble onto all the Mail Pouch and other ad barns I post on here. I have help. The guys behind Ohio Barns have made this easier. Log on and click on Mail Pouch pictures and locations, pick a state and pick a county and they will show you where all known Mail Pouch ads are in that county (most will GPS coordinates). If I'm going somewhere I'll print off the list and find them when I have time. Don't get me wrong I have found a lot with out their help and I have some they don't (I will be sending them to him to be accounted for) but this adds to the fun of taking these pictures. The ones in downtown Cleveland had everyone looking "around here somewhere". Ohio Barns also list round and octagonal barns, covered bridges, old gas stations, old mills and a section called "Larger Than Life" where you can find an 80' fish (Atlanta Fish Market) or a 120' tall baseball bat (Louisville, Kentucky) or Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox (Del Norte County, California) and a lot of other strange but true creations.


This barn is along Tippecanoe Road in Bordman, Ohio and is one of about 100 Official state bicentennial logo barns in the state (each county has at least one, this one in in Mahoning County). This picture was take along I-76 near mile post 229, not far west of the Pennsylvania line.

No comments: