Sunday, November 15, 2009

Starlings on the Battlefield



Some days start off with a goal in mind. But I've learned to accept defeat and roll with the flow. I started this morning looking for whitetail deer on the Gettysburg battlefield. I only saw three and was not able to get a usable picture of them. I spent some time lurking around in the woods and saw some sign of deer but didn't see any more. I did manage some pictures of some birds. Here is a starling in it's winter plumage. All those white dots aren't there during the summer and the bill is yellow during the warmer months. This one I found near the Angle or the High Water Mark. This is the Union stand where Picket's Charge was aiming for on the third day of the battle. I also got a few sunrise pictures, wow was the sky colorful this morning. I show you those on Thursday.

No comments: