Monday, February 11, 2013

Born in the USA, Live in Germany, 1985







Just days after arriving in West Germany, some of the people I would be working with asked if I wanted to go to the Bruce concert. Sure, it was a week or two away so I went over to the USO and bought a ticket. Seven or eight of us car pooled up to Frankfurt from Ramstein. After a little hanging out in the parking lot a bit we ventured in to find our seats. Not being the biggest fan of the Boss I didn't know every song, but I knew enough to be blown away. Most of the concerts I'd been to prior to this were a little harder, a little darker and a little more leather-y. Opening with Born in the USA and closing with covers of Twist and Shout and Do You Love Me?, the rest of the show was filled with all the classics and then some, 28 songs in all. (Born in the USA was  Bruce's 7th studio album, his latest, Wrecking Ball, is his 17th).

No comments: