Sunday, July 28, 2019

2019 Shippensburg Fair Results

Another year of the Shippensburg Fair has come and almost gone. As always, nearing midnight on the last day to pre-register I got myself signed up. And with no rush on the Sunday afternoon before the Monday morning drop off, I was printing pictures. I even went back and printed more late Sunday afternoon. I got everything matted and framed before I went to bed. What's the rush? 
The Driftwood Beach picture was a last minute change, but I could tell it was meant for black and white. The Teton picture was a second or third choice for me. The others didn't print well.  I just liked the colors of the Little Blue Heron. As with all pictures in general, as the picture-taker I look at the sunrise picture and I'm standing right there. I feel the sand, the breeze, the sun's heat. The judge's unfortunately only see a picture. The bison surprised me though. I thought he stood a chance.
Now it's just 359 days until I need to think about next year's entries.

 Driftwood Beach 
photo taken on Jekyll Island, Georgia
this was a last minute entry change
First Place B&W Photo - Landscape

 The View From Mormon Row
photo taken in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
this photo has not been posted to the blog yet
First Place Color Photo - Landscape

 Little Blue
photo taken at the Indian River County Wetlands
in Vero Beach, Florida
This photo has not been posted to the blog yet
Third Place Color Photo - Birds

 Before the Dawn
photo taken at Round Island Oceanside Park
in Vero Beach, Florida
Third Place Color Photo - Skyscape

Head On
photo taken in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Color Photo -Animal

No comments: