Wyomissing Fire Department, 1259 Penn Avenue, Wyomissing, Pa. Berks County Station 79. The Wyomissing Fire Company No. 1 was formed in 1907 and merged with the Berkshire Heights Fire Company No. 2 (formed in October 1925) in July 1992. They continued to operate out of their separate stations until this station was built on November 14, 1998. An Agreement for Consolidation was signed in September of 2015 between the Borough and Spring Township. Spring Township Fire Department accepted managerial and operational oversight of the WFD.