As a young apprentice surveyor in 1750, George Washington surveyed in the area near the Natural Bridge in Virginia. Later, in 1774, the Bridge was acquired by Thomas Jefferson from King George, III. In 1927, Washington's initials and a surveyor's cross where found carved into the stone face under the bridge.
North Towanda Fire and Rescue, 40 Hillcrest Drive, Towanda, Pa. Bradford County Company 25. Old station at 477 Reuter Boulevard, Towanda, Pa. Established in 1984, the old station sits across State Road 6 from the current station.
Ashville Volunteer Fire Company No. 1, 127 Pine Street, Ashville, Pa. Cambria County Station 60. Chartered in April 1950 and the original station on Liberty Street was occupied until the current firehouse was built in 1992. A recreation hall was built in 1953/1954 beside the Pine Street station.
Wysox Volunteer Fire Company, 111 Lake Road, Wysox, Pa. Bradford County Company 21. Founded in 1947 and serving Wysox, Asylum and Standing Stone Townships, the WVFC run about 270 calls per year. A fire on February 15, 2003 destroyed their station and social hall. Within two days volunteers had converted an existing pavilion into a makeshift fire station until a new firehouse could be constructed. The new station/social hall opened in the fall of 2004.
Dushore Fire Company, old station, 211 Water Street, Dushore, Pa. Sullivan County Station. Home to the DFC from 1907 until 1955. The building survived a devastating downtown fire in 1983 that destroyed the entire block. (The building was, and still is, the home at the time to the Sullivan Review newspaper).
Baldwin Hose Company No. 4, Steelton Fire Department, South Front Street, Steelton, Pa. Former Dauphin County Company 53. Organized July 1, 1900. Firehouse built in 1904. In 1984 they merged with the two other remaining Steelton companies and moved into the new SFD fire station north on Front Street.