Monday, August 13, 2007

The Church Brew Works, Pgh, PA



The Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh is probably the coolest brewpub I've ever been to. It has been 3 or 4 years since I stopped by here for lunch and a sample (I think it was the Pipe Organ Pale Ale) but for the atmosphere alone I will return. Located on Liberty Street, in the Lawrenceville section of town, it is no more the a block or two to the Pittsburgh Brewing Company who have been brewing since 1861 and make the infamous Iron City Beer and IC Light. I stopped by there also but it was an off day for a tour. I see from their website they've had some financial problems and are now the Iron City Brewing Company. Pittsburgh, like Philly, is just full of breweries and brewpubs and it would take a few days to hit them all. I guess I should start saving up my vacation.

No comments: