Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Rakestraws, Since 1902 (PG 135)



"Hey, Barry, does this look like the Gentleman you saw?" This is the sign Barry had mentioned then couldn't remember where he saw it. It is located just north of Chambersburg off Route 11 on Siloam Road. Now the Zero Ice and Storage, I think the sign says Siloam Ice and Storage. And Rakestraw's is a dairy in Mechanicsburg, PA that is most known for ice cream but back in the day also bottled milk and, I'm sure, all those other dairy things.
Note no. 1... picture number 2... sorry the snow on the roof got blown out... I couldn't bring it back.
Note no. 2... When I looked back at my Painted Gentleman list... I somehow missed No. 135... so here it now is... back next week with No. 139.

1 comment:

barry said...

Thats it haney , took me about two weeks until I figured out where I was and what I was doing. Then I relized I stopped for a car wash that saturday morning when I saw this.
I had a tip on another PG in Shippensburg ,just havent had a chance to check it out. Guy told me that next to the walkway where the old Texas Lunch was between the buildings is a faded one.