Friday, October 29, 2010

Cherry Grove Pier



The closest pier to our hotel in North Myrle Beach, South Carolina, was the Cherry Grove Pier. I knew I wanted to get some pictures of the pier and knew that sunrise pictures would be great. (You'll see them later) So late Saturday morning I drove up to the pier to check it out. I didn't go out on the pier, at this time of day, as you can see, it was full of fisherman. But I did get to look it over and planned for the next mornings walk. Cherry Grove Pier was built in the 1950's and sticks out into the ocean 985 feet. The worlds record tiger shark was caught off this pier in 1964 and weighed in at 1780 pounds the next day.

2 comments:

Sparky said...

Nice picture. If your want to see pictures of the shark. I have pictures of it. It was a pretty good fight but I got it to the pier.

Haney said...

We want to see pictures of the shark, not the bull.