Tuesday, August 16, 2011

An Anniversary Cruise




That's right, my wedding anniversary passed while we were hanging out at the beach. So I took my wife and kids on a cruise. A pontoon boat ride around Chincoteague Island. 23 miles in 2 hours. Although we never entered the Atlantic Ocean we did pause for a while at the inlet of the Chincoteague Bay. He cut the motor as we were surrounded by dolphins. Kind of "You got fins to the left, fins to the right..." Captain Dan was explaining the type of dolphin these were and how they do this, how they do that, blah, blah, blah. All I could hear was the voice in my head saying, "there. over there. to the right. behind you." and the constant click, click, click of the Canon as I tried to fill up my memory card. This was my best. The better opportunities all took place "behind me." You will see dolphins here again soon.

No comments: