Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Orioles Sweep the Yankees







I was never really a baseball fan. Never really played it as a kid. I did play some softball, but that doesn't count. I played football and watched some, just some, football. My son and I were invited to an Orioles game on October 1st, 2000, it was the final game of the season. Looking back over the many O's games I've been to, the 14 Major League stadiums and 14 other Minor and Independent stadiums I've been to I guess I enjoy it now. This game completed the sweep of the Yankees and looking back at these pictures I see Hall of Famers Eddie Murray (33) and Cal Ripken, Jr. (8). And there's long time Oriole Brady Anderson (9). Through the eyes of Google I see Albert Belle and Chris Richard both homered for the home team. This was the last of Belle's 381 career home runs. Winning pitcher was Jose Mercedes (BAL), Losing Pitcher was Orlando Hernandez (NYY) and the attendance was 47,831.

No comments: