Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's a Guy Thing... You May Not Understand




I'm, sort of, kinda like, you know a car guy. Not a grease monkey-car guy, I can change the oil and check the fluids, but much more than that and I need help. I'm definitely not a NASCAR guy, watching cars drive around in circles just doesn't do anything for me, besides, I can find better reasons to drink beer and prettier woman to look at. No, I'm just an enthusiast, I love the sight of an old muscle car, a classic, even an antique. If I see one going down the road I can say, "That's a Chevelle, 1968, maybe 1969." These kids these days tricking out a Dodge Neon baffle me. Why? Why would do that? A polished turd is still a turd. My dream car was always the Corvette, 1963, split rear-window, laker pipes, oh yea. But realistically, how many 16 year-olds can afford that? My high school dream car was the 1979 Chevy Camaro Berlinetta, blue, chrome headers (Why chrome?, I don't know, it's a dream remember) and wide Cragar rims, because any car worth anything had Cragars.

Now, my son has started to notice cars, his car would be a Mustang. I've never been much of a Ford man and in the late 70's and early 80's Mustangs were junk. They started out OK, especially with the Mach 1, and they are coming back around recently, so his Mustang thing is all right with me.

These pictures are from a "Cruise In" at the local Chevy dealer, yesterday evening.

No comments: