Sunday, October 21, 2007

ROCKtober in Colorado




I've been accused of be a bandwagon jumper lately. Nowadays, when I where my Rockies hat, Phillies fans think I'm a bandwagon jumper. Oh contraire. My son has a Colorado Rockies uniform that is size 12 months and a jersey shirt he got for Christmas 2 years ago. We saw them get beat by the Tigers in 2003 and again get beat by the Padres in 2005. And Jeff Francis was the losing pitcher that day. My kids have their picture with Dinger the mascot, even. In 2003 while touring Coors Field we ran into Manager Clint Hurdle and chatted briefly with him, nice guy by the way. We saw them in Baltimore in 2005 also (of course, the O's lost that one). While at the Coors Field game in 2005 we sat in the purple seats that ring the stadium at 5280' above sea level (yes, that would make it a "Mile High") even though we had better seats (it was 102 degrees and those seats were shaded). No , I am not a bandwagon jumper, and had the Expos not moved to DC, I would say they were my favorite "National League Team". But the O's continue to be MY TEAM.

No comments: