Monday, May 12, 2008

Big Spring Egret


I took this egret picture Saturday while slowing driving along the Big Spring near Newville, PA. As you saw posted on Saturday there were mallards and Canada geese along with other song birds. I saw some goldfinches flitting in from of the truck at one point but they disappeared into the brush. What I was disappointed about though was not finding just what I was looking for. The classic red-winged blackbird on the cat tails. With one keen eye to the weeds and one checking the rear view mirrors I arrived in Newville without so much as even seeing a red-winged blackbird. Bummer, eh? (click on this one to really appreciate)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haney,
Had you zoomed a little more, I think, you'll see two red wings behind the egret.
Kenny

Haney said...

We have a winner. Thanks Kenny. I knew if I threw out enough bait I'd get a bite and see if anyone is paying attention. I honostly didn't see these until I was working the picture up for the post.
Haney