Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Belted Kingfisher





I know what you're thinking, "Enough with the birds, You said you'd post them only on the weekends." Well that was my attempt. Then I find something I just have to share. Today I am sharing with you the Belted Kingfisher. A noisy fellow if you have ever heard one. Spotted him a couple weekends ago at my favorite pond sitting on the same sign I have pictures of the Eastern Kingbird sitting on. These turned out better than I expected he was pretty far from me, but I've learned to take pictures right away and continue as I get closer. If I wait til I get closer all I get is a picture of the sign. I have some other pictures of one at Big Spring but in those it's just a dot. The last picture is one taking off from his perch on one of the piers on the south side of Chincoteague, Va.

No comments: