Monday, September 14, 2009

An Insider's Look at the Parade



This past Saturday was the 82nd annual Cumberland County Firefighter's Association convention parade. Hosted by the Cumberland Valley Hose Co. No. 2 in Shippensburg it was held in conjunction with their 150th anniversary. I rode with the Vigilants in Engine 252. It was a drizzly day that looked like it might at least stop raining. But at 2 pm, parade time, the drizzles started again. There were quite a few people sitting out in the mist watching, it wasn't crowded though, not like the Halloween parade. It was a long parade (for Shippensburg) with apparatus from Cumberland, Franklin, York and Huntingdon Counties. Probably more if you count the many pieces of private antique apparatus (plus I missed some of it as it passed the station while I was still in the parade). Maybe later this week I'll share some from the sidelines of the parade route.
On a side note I spoke with fellow blogger Bradley, (see his link on the sidebar over there) he might post some from the parade also. And I finally met Cincy Bill in the flesh, he was at the parade, and I'm sure took lots of pictures. Now he just needs to start a blog and then you could see what he saw.

2 comments:

Brad Myers said...

Didn't take a single photograph Haney. But I bet I will in a couple of weeks during the rut. I hope to hook up with you guys there.

Unknown said...

Haney,

It was great to meet you also. I wish I had time to start a blog and do such a good job as you do here! I had a blast riding with Brad and Tommy and Andy. See old die hard Vigilant's and an old die hard West Ender can get along :-)