Thursday, December 15, 2011

Monday Sunset


Did you ever drive past some place and say to yourself, "Self" (I'm assuming that's what you call yourself what you are talking to yourself). "Self, sometime, when the time is just right, I'd like to get a picture of that." I can't tell you how many of these locations are stored in my Swiss cheese brain. Monday on the way home from work I saw that the sunset was gonna be a nice one and when I saw the scattered cirrus was glowing with an awesome pink/purple tinge I swung by the house and grabbed my camera and tripod. Of course in the 5 minutes it took me to get here the color was gone. I was left with the tail end of sunlight and fading blue skies. I have no complaints. (to be honest as I was watching the sunset form while on the road home I wanted to go to another location to get some pictures that I saw in my mind. But those pictures need a clear sunset, no clouds. Maybe this weekend) This is, by the way, the Cumberland Valley Co-Op. Sitting along Mount Rock Road just off of Interstate 81 near exit 24. And the Big Old Paint Can.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Nice picture, keep up the great job with the site.