Friday, December 16, 2011

1985 Scans





From late 1983 until early summer of 1985 I was stationed in Utah. Camera-wise I started with a old Kodak Disc camera that I finally upgraded just before leaving. My upgrade was an Olympus 35mm point and shoot. This was probably about the time that they finally put 35mm roll film into a point and shoot. These are from that Olympus. The first is the fire department I belonged to while I lived off base. This is the Washington Terrace Fire Department. I lived 4 or 5 blocks away, along Route 89 by the high school. Nothing real significant happened during my time spent with these guys. I sure they don't remember me. I can remember a couple of the guys. There were the Father and Sons, the boys were Phil and Bart, I think. Roger and Toby. And the Chief, I think he was Peterson. There was weekly training and meetings and a few calls, but they weren't near as busy as I was back home. They ran two of these Van Pelts. One was really old. And there was another piece of apparatus I no longer recall. The only pictures I have are three of this unit. Before leaving Utah I visited my cousin ion Huntington Beach, California. I guess she actually lived in Santa Anna, but we visited Huntington Beach were this Lifeguard Jeep was stationed. Got to love the tail step with the hand holds. And the last one is a Crash truck that was sitting out at  El Toro Marine Corps Air Station at an air show.

2 comments:

E4 Lt said...

love the "vintage" outfits in the crash truck photo, also the "alert" crew in the cab is a nice touch... somethings never change

Sparky said...

Love the Jeep, would like to have one like that.. The crash truck is a P-19, good vehicle..