Monday, January 09, 2012

Spring View Farm



Barn Charm 18. Spring View Farm sits on the outskirts of Newville, Pa. along Big Spring Road. The Big Spring runs right across the road from where I am standing, Hence the name. When I walk along the Spring to take bird pictures I pass by this barn. But when I'm walking and birding I'm usually only carrying my zoom lens and it doesn't back up enough to get the whole barn. So, until today, I have never gotten any pictures of this barn. Or the white board fence . Or the stone row.

As with every Barn Charm every week (with or without me) you can find more and better barn pictures than these here by clicking the logo below and checking out Tricia's site.


11 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Great shot...it could be a post card...so scenic as most Pa. barns are!

Tanya Breese said...

i love this....and i really like that stone wall!

Carletta said...

The last shot is the epitomy of a lovely rural scene - the barn, the fencing, the stone wall - lots of charm!!

Rose said...

This is a wonderful barn...love your shots of it. Love all the fences, specially the rock wall.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Love the name, love the red barn, which is HUGE, btw, & the white board fence, & last but certainly not least, that stone wall! Incredibly beautiful layout!!! =) Also, the stone foundation, very historic! =)

You know a lot about the barns up north... someone posted a pic of a barn w/ a star on it last week & I forgot to ask... what, if anything, does the star mean? She had mentioned that so many northern barns have them, but didn't know what they represent. Do you know? =)

Margaret said...

The white fence caught my eye, but the stone fence caught my heart!

Lesley said...

The stone fence is a marvel to behold.

EG CameraGirl said...

Red barns with white fences are so special! Love how the fence leads to the barn in the second photo. And the stone wall is gorgeous.

Jeannelle said...

Very nice! Glad you stopped finally to take its picture.

Ruta said...

That stone wall is gorgeous! ...and I love barns with the name of the farm on them!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, around my neck of the woods you don't usually see the farms name on the barn. what a great idea. lovely barn there. (: