Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 1, Year 7
















Six years. Who'da thunk? This blog has been at it now for six years and starting into number 7. Sure it slowed some in the past year but I've recovered and am back at a, more or less, daily routine. This past year saw me spend a lot of work time in the Philadelphia and southeastern Chester County (SE Pa.) areas. I added one new ball field in Wilmington Delaware. At the Vigilant Hose Company in Shippensburg we opened our new fire station. Two trips up to the City, one saw me cruising around Yonkers and the other to catch the Lunar New Years Firecracker ceremony in Chinatown. More birds, more flowers, more sunrises. Back to Chincoteague Island, Virginia where I finally went up into the lighthouse. Back to Colorado to chase elk and only catching them with my trail camera. Ballonfest in Greencastle. I even went to the picture vault for a week of throwbacks. And an unscheduled trip to South Carolina to say goodbye.
One can always hope next year is better. I don't think I have any specific plans for the next year, so we'll all play it by ear. Wish me luck and follow along.
Here are some statistics from the Outskirts... In 6 years there have been 2034 post with 78003 post views. Top 5 countries viewing... US, Russia, Germany, the UK and Canada. I even had hits from Bulgaria and Pakistan in the past 24 hours. And the number 4 phrase Googled to find my site? "World of Pigeons Pennsylvania".

No comments: