Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rob Baird, I Swear It's the Truth





While in Memphis last summer I told you about seeing Cody Canada and the Departed at Minglewood Plaza. Well, Rob Baird was the opening act. Just Rob and his guitar. I had never heard of Rob before this but I now have 3 of his songs on my ipod. Not sure what label you would put on his music. Just a singer songwriter, country guy out of the red dirt scene. You tube him sometime, Beer and Gasoline, Crash Hard or Same Damn Thing.

"Good luck to the girls at the side of the stage, Boys at the bar makin' minimum wage,
Every lost soul out there on the interstate, 
Well we'll all be here til the lights burn out, we'll all keep swingin', just strike out,
Tryin' to find heaven, taking what the devil brings,
Oh, everybody's out there lookin' for the same damn thing."


No comments: