Antietam Fire Company, Hagerstown Fire Department, 790 Potomac Avenue, Hagerstown, Maryland. Washington County. Antietam Fire Company began in 1808 as the Lafayette Company, they incorporated in 1834 as Antietam. That same year they had a station next to the courthouse. Their station on Summit Avenue dates back to 1895, it burned in October 1914 and was rebuilt in 1915. At this time the Pioneer Company also shared the building. It burned again in 1920. Rebuilt again it remained the Antietam's home until this new station was built on the north side of the city in October 2012.