Always There Hook and Ladder Company #1, Waynesboro Fire Department, 29 South Potomac Street, Waynesboro, Pa. Franklin County Company 2. Organised in October 1880 and incorporated on October 11, 1882. Moved into the Academy of Music building on East Main Street, along with the Mechanics Steam Fire Engine and Hose Company when it was built in 1881. In 1899 both companies moved to the Fireman's Hall at 29 South Potomac Street. Mechanics on the north side, the ATHL on the south. The Mechanics moved to Virginia Avenue in 1954. In 1968 the building was partially razed, rebuilt and rededicated August 24, 1968.