Friday, July 28, 2017

2017 Shippensburg Fair Results

This year I quietly entered four pictures into the Shippensburg Fair. When asked how I thought I would do, I said that nothing really stood out like last year. The "Okeechobee Sunrise" was my best bet, but I thought maybe a little too dark. The "Pack Out" picture, as much as I liked it, I think was too busy. The "Richmond 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb" didn't stand much of a chance. The Ship Fair judges usually don't like fire pictures. I considered not entering it but eventually entered it in the 'Other' category. The "You're A Daisy If You Do" picture I thought too might stand a slim chance but flower pictures are tough there. Anyways, 1 blue and 1 red are fine with me. I don't take pictures for contests, I take pictures, the contest comes later. And hey the $8.00 I won should cover my printing, matting and framing costs  my gas to drive the half mile to enter them. See you next year... At The Fair.
Okeechobee Sunrise
Taken near Buckhead Ridge, Florida March 21, 2017
1st Place

Pack Out
Taken near Sweetwater Lake, Colorado October 19,2016

Richmond 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb
Taken in Richmond, Virginia September 11, 2016

You're A Daisy If You Do
Taken Near Bridgeville, Pa May 15, 2017

No comments: