Engine Company Number 1, Sayre Fire Department, 110 West Parker Avenue, Sayre, Pa. Bradford County Department 12. Organized September 20, 1879 as the E. P. Wilbur Hook and Ladder Company No. 1. Originally housed in a barn across the street they moved into the new borough hall in 1908. In 1926 three of the five borough fire companies reorganized as Engine Company No. 1.