Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Wine is Great, But Where Do You Grow the Beer?





I like this quote, even if it came from someone more annoying than Paula Dean. It came from her sons in their "Gee, I wonder how they got a show?" show. These pictures are from the Wagner Valley Vineyards on the east side of Seneca Lake north of Watkins Glen, NY. Wagner Valley also runs a brewery here. We did a wine tasting, winery tour and a beer tasting while visiting. Like I said, I'm not much of a wino so the beer making thing helped me decide to stop here. Very nice place with a huge deck you could easily relax on. We hit 3 or 4 other wineries this day some were straight up business and some were in the crack-you-up business. We asked questions to get them to open up and we heard some good stories about mice in the grape pickers and throwing snakes at the tractor drivers. I didn't buy any wine, but Mom did. I'm sure come the holidays I'll get another taste of Seneca Lake wine country.

No comments: