Thursday, March 20, 2008

Springtime in Paris


Welcome spring. Of course, winter doesn't seem to want to let go. I heard on TV that if all the rain we got over the winter, here in south central PA, would have been snow (at an average ratio of 1" of rain = 10" of snow) we would have gotten 12.5 feet of snow. So I don't want to here any complaints, I think I only shoveled the drive twice. They are calling for snow this weekend but, hey, I'll be mowing the lawn in less than a month.
This is the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Not too much to add to my last reminiscence of my weekend in Paris, oh so many years ago. My memory is rusting on some of the details of this trip, especially at times like when this picture was taken. It was a free afternoon so I just wandered the streets drinking in the fact that I was in Paris. I window shopped, I ate, I drank and I remember a perfume factory (So, yes, I know what a French perfume factory smells like). The park, the public areas such as when I was here all were just information overload. The museums, the Louvre, and gardens of Versailles I remember better, I'll probably post some more pictures some other time.

No comments: