Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunrise Services


Happy Easter. This is the Rehoboth Methodist Church. Sitting at the corner of Rehoboth Road and Route 174 on the outskirts of Walnut Bottom, PA. The church was built in 1851, rebuilt in 1870 and razed in 1971. This replica of the original, about 4' x 6', sits quietly among its parishioners of the past. My Great Great Great Uncle and his family are here. He was a Lieutenant in the Union Army. An old neighbor of mine, when I was a kid, is here. Many family names are familiar, some are not. I noticed at least two that died in the early 1860's, aged in their seventies. If my math serves me correctly these ladies were born under Washington's presidency.
It was a tough decision this morning as I drove east to shoot the sunrise at this old church, I could see the full moon setting behind me. Decisions, decisions. And then as I drove home, just as I got to the "Welcome to Town" sign there stood a sheep, grazing. Right across the street from Burger King and the Moose lodge. Right beside the mobile home dealer. A sheep. Grazing. That has got to mean something. Something good I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might be a whacker but that's a great picture.
Well I found another great site to review and pass on,,,