Friday, June 18, 2010

Cumberland County Fire and EMS Stations







And the answer is...
Picture 1 (picture 1 here)... OK, trick question, this is the back buildings at Newburg Hopewell Volunteer Fire Company. These building house Tanker 51 and Engine 151.
Picture 2 (picture 2 and 3 here) Lisburn Community Fire Company, 1800 Main Street, Lisburn (Mechanicsburg), Pa. They have no website, sorry.
Picture 3 (picture 4 and 5 here) Here is the trick... this is Newburg Hopewell's main station. The other buildings sit back behind this old school house. This is why they want to build a new station. NHFC was organized in 1957 and moved into this building that same year.
Picture 4 (picture 6 and 7 here) Camp Hill Fire Company, 2198 Walnut Street, Camp Hill, Pa. Organized in 1908, built this station in

5 comments:

Sparky said...

OK three out of is not bad. I went back a couple of times to relook at picturte two. And I was thinking Lisburn, but didn't want to change my answers, because I said they were final. Called big brother and he confined my thought. Had a friend in the AF force that ran with Lisburn years ago. Oh he is the Chief at Harrisburg Airport now....

Haney said...

Great participation today, thank you all. That's what makes this fun. The winner is Sparky with 3 of 4. TJ and Cincy Bill with 2 of 3 and Woody got his one right. Sorry for the trick post today, just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. I got 4 more for next week.

Haney said...

And I had a complete stump this week. SCORE!

Sparky said...

Bring them on for next week, I'm ready. I will have to research the EMS station when you start putting them on...

Woody said...

Hey, not bad for a Lancaster County Boy.. LOL..

I've been by Camp Hill's fire station so I knew that one for sure..