Thursday, September 02, 2010

Pre-Dawn



Imagine my surprise while driving across the beach road to the Assateague shoreline when I stopped to snap a couple images of the pre-dawn glow reflecting off of Swans Pool Cove. I quickly switched to the big lens. Then it was a fight to steady the camera on the door frame, after I turned the truck off, and try to capture these four whitetail deer crossing a shallow section of the cove. Some pictures are made and some are handed to you to do the best you can with them. Ever capture something like this and ask yourself, "Why did I stop here this morning?"

5 comments:

Sparky said...

really like these pictures.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

no ponies? Chincoteague great place to visit

Pat said...

Gorgeous colors in the predawn sky! That's a great capture of the deer crossing the cove.

Unknown said...

the first photo is absolutely beautiful! it's like a dream.

Jossie said...

I can see why you stopped here. Amazing pictures.