Thursday, December 09, 2010

And Finding a Christmas Tree




It's Christmas tree time, people. Last weekend was my time. It's a hard time of year to stop what you are doing and venture out to the tree farm, hop a ride on the wagon to the far away side of the farm to wander through the Dougs and find the perfect tree. Is there a perfect tree? Too tall. To fat. That one has a hole in the side. We could put that towards the wall. There's one. Who do I look like, Charlie Brown? Crooked truck. Lopsided trim. Three tops. How about this one? Cut it down. Quick.
Will I give this up for a plastic tree? No way. I'm like the mailman when it's time to look for the Christmas tree... through rain, sleet, snow or freezing cold... we will deliver the tree.

2 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

My skywatch, have a great weekend!

amber918 said...

I'm doing a story for my journalism class at Ship and happened across your blog. I was wondering if you have any recollection, pictures or thoughts about businesses along route 11 that used to exist, but since the creation of I-81, no longer do (or barely survive). I've heard about Ms. Dolly Hoffman's store down closer to Carlisle and the old-ice cream stand outside of the Cumberland Drive-In. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

af6722@ship.edu

Amber