Friday, September 02, 2011

American Hose Company No. 1, Tamaqua, Pa.



The American Hose Company No. 1 in Tamaqua, Schuylkill County, PA is the last of the firehouses in Tamaqua I got on my Fathers Day roadtrip. (Somehow I missed the South Ward Fire Company) The American Hose Co. No. 1 began in 1878 when the old Reliance Hook and ladder Company reorganized. The building was built in 1885. In 1977 they added the annex for the Ambulance company and to house the Borough ladder truck. I don't know who those Roman guys are that are a part of the building. Check out the website a nice history is located there.

2 comments:

Sparky said...

I like the second floor windows. Is it to late to add something like this to our building? LOL

Haney said...

Those windows are like mirrors. Can we add something like this? I've already eliminated 4 brick arches, you'll need to up your donation to get more back.