Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Blake Shelton Live at the Maryland State Fair








Why did I go to the Maryland State Fair in Timonium? To take my daughter and a friend to see Blake Shelton in concert. I haven't been to a real concert since 1988. It was country also. But before that, well, we don't have time for all that.  Blake and his opening act put on a really good show. Granted, I'm an old guy. (Or at least I was there) And I don't "feel like every song is about me" (although a lot of those concert goers apparently did) I just enjoyed the great songs and the stories Blake had to tell. It was no Monster of Rock 1986, though. No Ozzy or Scorpions or crazed Germans in sight, but a subdued sing along crowd that didn't rush the stage after the one and only encore song. I took along my wife's Nikon Coolpix for these pictures. What a truly crappy camera. I was told no big cameras, but I did see a few. I should have been a rebel and took it in anyway.

No comments: