Monday, November 28, 2011

The Barn with a View


Barn Charm 15. The last of the Virginia barns from last month. This one, like the others, sits west of Star Tannery and north of Gravel Springs along South Pifer Road. Mostly hidden there in the fence row it was a rather small weathered board structure with a view farther west along the edge of the George Washington National Forest. I believe that the highest mountain top you see is called Johnnies Knob. I was just back down in this area last weekend and the color is gone. It's still just as beautiful, though.


If you like this and would like to see more barns from across the blog-o-sphere click on the Barn Charm logo here and it will take you to magical places. I promise.

6 comments:

Rose said...

I wish I was within that barn's view...and that it was in mine.

Tanya Breese said...

nicely camouflaged!

Jan n Jer said...

Nice find...it does blend in well with the surroundings! Great shot!

Anonymous said...

That IS a niiice view, indeed, & I imagine it is from the barn, too. Great find

Thanks so much for joining Barn Charm, Haney! =)

Lesley said...

this is a lovely view, though I suspect you wouldn't get much from down where the barn is situated.

Jill Wellington said...

Pennsylvania is such a beautiful, hilly, rambling state! Love that barn nestled in.