Monday, November 07, 2011

Path Valley Harvest


Barn Charm 12. Yesterday found me on the other side of the mountain. The other side of the mountain. Just to see what I could see. And all I saw was... friends, barns, trees and a couple turkeys. That was friends AND a couple turkeys. I was asked to take some family pictures and some senior pictures. I know I said that I don't take people pictures but on occasion  I forget that rule and make a desperate attempt at it. (as I did here and here) It wasn't a total loss though, I think I may have captured a few keepers. Just hope they are happy.
Anyways, back to Barn Charm. I passed this scene on the way there. I told the wife, I'll stop here on the way back. And I did. I knew the setting sun would only help this view. I find it interesting how the Amish harvest their corn. I've seen this before. Saturday I saw a horse drawn hay bailer but I was traveling down the PA Turnpike and had no opportunity to stop. If you look to the left of the old barn you'll see the buggy sitting where it was parked after church.

For more charming barns check out Tricia's site by clicking the barn below.


9 comments:

Donna said...

This is such a wonderful, full shot. Fine barn and I love the corn in the foreground. You did well to get that later light.

genie said...

the colors of the grasses blend in so nicely with the color soy the barns and house. This shot looks like it was taken just down the road from our house. So many similarities. Nice work. genie

Rose said...

I really, really like this view! So glad you captured it.

EG CameraGirl said...

I haven't seen the corn tied together in bunches in a field for a long time! The barn is locates in such a picturesque spot.

Tanya Breese said...

oh i love this homestead...just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How'd they get the corn like that? That's new to me... I just recently found an Amish community west of here & haven't much chance to see the area, yet. Their farms are always amazing, though, & such huge, well built barns. Incredible!

Thank you very much for joining this week's Barn Charm, Haney... always a pleasure! =)

Kim, USA said...

An awesome barn shots! Thanks for sharing.

The Barn

Nani said...

That is fabulous, the way you composed the shot with the harvest in the foreground. Fantastic shot!!

Carole said...

Nice shot. I used to see corn harvested like that on some farms around here years ago. I don't believe they were Amish, but could be, or possibly Mennonite.

Barn Charm 58