Monday, November 14, 2011

The Criterion, Bar Harbor, Maine


The Criterion Theatre can be found on Cottage Street in Bar Harbor, Maine. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this colorful theatre while we wandered about downtown. This classic art-deco structure has been serving the island since 1932. And, yes, I did see Tim and Susan while we were downtown for the July 4th fireworks. He was dropping her and her dog off at a restaurant while he went to find a parking space for the minivan.
If I keep posting old movie theaters I'll have to start another label category. See (The Angela in Coaldale), (The Capitol Theater in Chambersburg and The County Theater in Doylestown), (The Cumberland Drive-In in Newville) and I have another I need to post sometime.

3 comments:

Sparky said...

Nice picture. I like the lights.

Brad Myers said...

Haney, I am here almost everyday looking, just short on time to comment. I missed a Veterans Day post this year but I didn't want to pass up the chance to thank you and all the other vets that have kept us safe and free.

You missed a great rut last week in SNP, the best whitetail photographing to date for me. Lets plan a day trip[ soon for there.

Brad

Haney said...

Brad
just a bit busy right now, trying to find time to gio to the dam to see the eagles. I plan on going down to Virginia the next couple of weekends. Taking the 7.62mm lens with me.