Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 1, Year 6























I was gonna blow off posting today. I've done a lot of that this year on the weekends. But since today is my five year blogerverary.  A quick summary of my year here in the outskirts. 308 posts for a total all time of 1759 posts. 287 comment. even though not a single person has said a work around here since the 19th of last month.  Above is just some of what I did last year. Lately I've had my head elsewhere, trying to get a firehouse built. And hopefully I get my bum leg working good again and I can get some new and interesting things to get  pictures of. 
Top to bottom, this was my year. Christmas vacation this past year was in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Baseball games, for me, picked up from last year Harrisburg Senators, Delmarva Shorebirds, Baltimore Orioles and the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (Coca-Cola Park shown here) I entered five pictures at the Shippensburg Fair and brought home a first place ribbon and a $7 check for my sunrise picture in Chincoteague. I finally remade some of my old Gettysburg postcards, I plan on doing more this year.
Spent Father's Day last summer in my Mom's family's hometown of Coaldale, Pa. Spent a day during the fall  in the outskirts of Star Tannery, Virginia. Took an anniversary cruise on Chincoteague Bay. Found some sunflowers up in the State Game Lands. And as part of the new firehouse we removed the bell from the old firehouse.
Went to a couple of concerts since last year. First concerts in a long time. I saw Miranda Lambert and I saw her husband last fall. Blake Shelton is nuts. Awesome concerts. Both of them. I wish I could have taken a real camera in, instead of the crappy Nikon point and shoot. Posted and linked a bunch with the people over at Barn Charm. I got bored and scanned pictures from a lifetime  ago. (Shown is my hike to the top of Mt. Ogden in Utah, back in 1985)
As my son gets older I've been tagging along again when the siren blows. We also made our third trip to NYC for Lunar New Year. Took some other great NYC pictures while we were there. (My most visited post of all time is my Engine 55 pictures from our 2010 trip to NYC).
I also took some senior pictures. Not my favorite thing to do but I think I can learn. Remember, I don't take people pictures, since I don't like people. And I took my last soccer pictures.
No promises this time on the next year. I'll do what I can. Not sure where Father's Day will take me.  Don't know where or if there will be a summer vacation. My semi-annual camping trip is the only sure thing right now. Maybe I can bring home a couple coolers full of elk meat this time. I'm due. 
We'll see.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

I enjoy your blog. Congrats on winning the photo award.

Unknown said...

Haney,

Keep up the strong work! Still here reading but not much commenting.

Cincy Bill