Friday, July 20, 2012

Philadelphia Second Alarmers






Philadelphia Second Alarmers, 2900 Roberts Avenue, Philadelphia. Founded in 1921 as an all volunteer association and remains so today. They started as your basic canteen service and now also offer rehab services. This building , built in 1973, houses three pieces of apparatus including the new rapid response unit SA-5. I got some pictures of it  while it was on display at Fire Expo in  Harrisburg last May. This unit has since been dedicated to Lieutenant Neary and Firefighter Sweeney who died in the line of duty at a warehouse fire in the Kennsington neighborhood of Philly on April 9, 2012. Since I took these pictures I met a man called Philly Pete and his daughter when they dropped by our new station. Next time I get to Philly I will stop by for a tour.

No comments: