Monday, July 30, 2012

Wilmington Blue Rocks






 Finally made my first baseball game of the year. I also added another stadium to my list. The Wilmington Blue Rocks are the High A minor league team of the Kansas City Royals. The park was a lot like most other single A fields here in the Mid-Atlantic, ten bucks buys you a bleacher seat, like, 7 rows up from the far side of the home team dugout. The nearby airport sends frequent fliers over the field throughout the game. As a bonus for me, an Orioles fan, the Blue Rocks were playing the Frederick Keys. And for supper I was too close to the Chesapeake Bay to not have the Rocky Burger with crab meat and old bay seasoning on it. It wasn't too bad, really. 

Judy Johnson Field at Daniel S. Frawley Stadium.
Rocks Manager Vance Wilson and Keys Manager Orlando Gomez exchange line up cards.
Wilmington mascot Rocky Bluewinkle high fives Cheslor Cuthbert prior to the start of the game.


No comments: