Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Heart Que


I love Bar-B-Que. I'm game to try it anytime I see a roadside stand. Although I don't live in Que Country, like the Carolina's, Texas, Memphis or KC, I still manage to sniff out a smoker when I need a fix. With my work I travel within a 2 to 3 hour radius of the office and at times make it a point to "swing by" any pit I know of or tryout a new one when I stumble on it. My kids have figured this out too and when I do go out of town they'll ask "Is that near...?"

This is Clem's BBQ, Clem is on old Route 220 north of Port Matilda, PA (State College Suburbs). When I first hit Clem's he had one hut set up and it was just Clem himself, his block pit, his pork ribs and his goggles, he has expanded and rearranged many times but locally he is still probably the best. He sears the ribs, lets them smoke for a little while then lets them steam until the meat is falling off the bone. His sauce is thin compared to store bought and has just the right kick.

No comments: