Friday, May 11, 2007

In Squad We Trust - FDNY Squad 252





As I have said before I am a Firefighter. Yea, it's been years since I've donned a pack and dragged a hand line or faced the dragon fifteen minutes after being awakened by the bells, but the fire service is something that takes hold of you. You'll hear people say "It's in my blood", well that's me. On my last trip to the City, Squad 252's house, in Brooklyn, was on my list of things that I had to do. I'm glad I did. The men I spoke with reminded me of me and a lot of people I know. They were the most gracious hosts, showing us (complete strangers) their home and telling us what it is like to be one of FDNY's bravest. Thanks to Sean and Eric for showing us around. Sean told us he was with another company on 9-11 and Eric was in the first post 9-11 class out of the academy, God Bless you brothers. And hey, lets be careful out there.

No comments: