Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Totem Pole Playhouse AND Mail Pouch (PG XV)


Painted Gentleman 15. WOW! What I gem, all these years I had forgotten about this place. It sits on top of the mountain along Route 30 between Chambersburg and Gettysburg. I should have photo-shopped the eternal yard sale out from in front of it but, oh well. The Totem Pole Playhouse is a local theatre near Caledonia State Park that, for 30 years, was owned by William Putch and his wife, Jean Stapleton, you may remember her as Edith Bunker on All In The Family. Or the other angel, Patsy Millband, in Michael with John Travolta. Not too often will you find a barn with 2 sides painted, what a treat.

1 comment:

The "Old Barn" Lady said...

Saw this barn while in PA this past week. Went looking for it because of photos like yours. I referenced your photo in my post with a link to your page to show the difference between what we captured and what you saw in your capture from 2007.