Friday, October 03, 2008

The Castle Wall


This is a view from the back of Old Main (I think) on the campus of Shippensburg University. SU is one of 14 state universities. Founded as a Normal School in 1871 Old Main is one of the oldest buildings on campus. I can envision John Cleese with his fake mustache and French accent shouting down from atop the tower that my father smelled of elderberries, and then flinging a cow at me. Now that's higher education.
PS (10-5-08) If you have read the comments section you will see I was wrong. This is Horton Hall built in 1894 as a woman's dormitory it currently holds offices and some classrooms. Thanks Sparky, I knew you would correct me if I got it wrong. I know I was back behind the old buildings and didn't remember or couldn't tell which one I was behind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Horton Hall. It was built in 1894 and was used for the lasdies of the normal school. It is now used for office space and some class rooms.

Anonymous said...

E4 Lt....nice monty quote... not sure how many got it