Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Spirit of Goodyear and Snoopy 2 Together - Guest Post

Today's Guest Poster is Cincy Bill. Bill was the first to leap off the bridge and into the Outskirts of Suburbia to think up something to post here. See you all when I get back. Until then enjoy what everyone else has to say. Haney. Colorado update: My schedule for today is a long horseback ride into camp. Acclimating to the altitude and maybe a little scouting.



These pictures were taken on Monday evening September 29, 2008 at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati, OH on my way home from work.

The Spirit of Goodyear took its place in the Goodyear fleet of airships on March 15, 2000 when it was christened by America’s first woman in space, NASA astronaut Dr. Sally Ride. Based at Goodyear's Wingfoot Lake Airship facility in Suffield, Ohio the Spirit of Goodyear often flies the skies over the home of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, which has its headquarters in nearby Akron. I have no idea why it was in Cincinnati, this weekend.

The MetLife Snoopy Two is A60+ model, decaled with the corporate logo “MetLife” on one side. The opposite side is decaled with MetLife’s new ad campaign tagline, “for the if in life.” Snoopy, dressed as a World War I Flying Ace, is depicted on both sides of the blimp. Snoopy Two was launched from Hillsboro, Oregon in October, 1993. Snoopy 2 was in town for the "Battle of Ohio" Browns vs. Bengals game the day before and was scheduled to follow the Bengals to Dallas the next weekend.
A little about Cincy Bill...
Born and raised in the West End of Shippensburg. Started chasing fire trucks around Shippensburg and hanging in the alley at West End Fire & Rescue at an early age. Left Shippensburg to go to school in Indiana PA and after graduating and was commissioned in U.S. Army I was stationed in Korea, Texas, Alabama, Germany, Southwest Asia (Desert Storm), and Georgia.

After getting out of the Army I moved from Atlanta to Cincinnati in 1993 and have been there ever since. I have a son who is a Junior at Northern Kentucky University and a daughter who is a Senior in High School. When my kids got older and could be by themselves I got back into chasing fire trucks. I am a member two fire buff groups both groups have fire scene access and riding privileges with the Cincinnati Fire Department. I provide photographic support to the fire department, the Local, and CFD Pipes & Drums. I ride with CFD Truck 19 (Unit 3). I am also active with the Cincinnati Fire Museum, Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of Antique Motor Fire Apparatus in America and our local chapter of SPAAMFAA
.

No comments: