Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Roasting of the Pig



Yesterday evening and into the night was our annual Pig Roast. The thing I find funny about this annual event is the food, nobody walks away hungry and nobody eats any roasted pig. That will be today at a fire house fundraiser. It is more the celebration of the roasting than the handpulled pork sandwiches we will devour a few hours from now. This is perhaps the 16th or 17th Roast since 1990. I, of course, took my camera along to get some picture of the fire and the people using the flames as my light source. I was successful on both accounts. I would set up the tripod and gather folks around and warn them to sit still because the exposure would be up to 2 seconds long. Inevitably someone would move. In some cases that helped the picture. So over the next two days, and probably scattered into the future, I will be posting my little study on fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the picture of your Dad and I think that is your mom. Like the light source. It was a nice time. And had lots to eat. Go to a pig roast to eat seafood...