Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things Found




You know, not every walk in the woods leads to birds or snakes or other assorted critters, sometimes it leads to the curious, the odd, the unexplained. Just this past weekend I found this cool fungus on the side of this locust tree. Some one's fishing bobber that they had lost. Actually I saw two bobbers along the same stretch of the Conodoguinet Creek Sunday morning. And the tire thing. I don't know either. It was probably 200 yards off the road, along a small stream and at least a half mile from the nearest building. How did it get there? Who put it there? Why? Someone went through some trouble, cutting up a tire isn't something easily done. The world may never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Them tires could be the corner marker of property lines. Some people use anything to mark a corner bountry.
Interesting post Haney.

Grizz

Haney said...

You know, 22 years of surveying and I've never seen this before. But my boss suggested the same thing. Maybe you're on to something.

barry said...

First thing I thought of with the tires was , looks like a good place to sit to hunt deer and with the bober in the tree I thought oh no Haney found my fishing spot!