Friday, July 24, 2009

Clymer Fire Department, Indiana Co., Pa.




OK, I will bow to pressure and help clear things up. Back in June I was in Indiana, Pa. for work. Just a short run up the road was a Mail Pouch barn, so, I took a short detour for some pictures. At this point I am just 2 miles from Clymer, Pa. So I ran a little more up the road for some pictures at the firehouse. Why? Well in June of 2006 the Vigilant Hose Company in Shippensburg sold their 1993 E-One engine, our old Engine 252, to the Clymer Fire Department. I try to keep tabs on our old apparatus (not as easy as it sounds) so I checked their website. All it says is that a picture of Engine 155 was coming soon. I was able to take a few pictures, but unable to talk with anyone so I don't know if there are plans for a rehab on the engine. Also thought I'd throw in a picture of their Suburban, Squad 152, how ironic. All they had done to the '93 was cover any reference to Vigilant Hose or Shippensburg with their own stickers. And our old company patch on the doors... they just removed the lettering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haney,
Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure it was known that, although Clymer has traditionally been orange and white, it appears their current fleet has taken to a cream over red look. Just throw'n it out there...

TJ

Dale Jr (Wally) said...

Rumor has it that all new apparatus coming into Ship will be cream over red with orange strips trimmed in silver. any truth to that folks,,,