Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birdwalk 2/14/2010: The Heron and the Wren





Here are a couple of the birds I ran into on my quick birdwalk last Sunday. Quick because it was windy and cold. And windy. And cold. The first three are the Great Blue Heron. Please excuse the third picture. I'm not quite sure I even like it. I've seen other bloggers lately (who actually know how to use a camera) posting what I would consider a blurry picture. I don't know if it's "artistic" or if it just merely shows motion but I thought I'd try it. The next three are of a Carolina Wren that was bee-bopping around and generally letting me close. I also saw some sparrows but only got some crappy pictures of them and the ever present Belted Kingfisher. He and I have been playing hide and seek for a while now. Sometimes I win, Sunday he won. No pictures.

No comments: