Monday, February 20, 2012

Making Rainbows



Back to Barn Charm (number 21 for me) after a short break. And then I'm not ready for it. So, I dug into the files. I took these in June of 2008 when my fire department was doing some training on dry hydrants. Dry hydrants are PVC connections placed underground, extending into a water source, leaving a connection that a fire engine can hook up to in case water is needed to fight a fire. These are usually placed on the outskirts of town where there are no municipal hydrants to use. Occasionally we will go out and pump water from these to make sure they are not clogged and to train our drivers on how these operate. The water we flow is directed back into the pond. This particular ponds sits back off the paved road on a Mennonite farm and our presence provided the evenings entertainment for the community.




I case you have forgotten, you need to click on that little barn picture up there and be transported to  farms and barns all over the place. It's just that easy.

11 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what perfect shots. fire truck, barns, rainbow... neat!! (:

Lesley said...

Great shot. And I love the caption!

Kim, USA said...

Yup that is beautiful!

That is beautiful!!

Red Barn

Mari said...

Nice barn! I love your title too!

Elaine said...

Ah, not just anyone can make a rainbow over a beautiful barn. Nice work!

Linda said...

Beautiful shots! How fun to make a rainbow!

Tanya Breese said...

nice! i really like the last edit!

hey, did you know that you have word verification turned on? blogger made it the default recently and it's horrible. i didn't know until someone told me.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you was a fireman! Awesome!

Is that one huge sprawling barn in the background? WoW!

Thanks for sharing w/ us at Barn Charm =)


ps would you please consider turning off captcha on your blog? it would be much appreciated... if you're not sure how, i'll be happy to help =) thanks

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful photos.
Especially I like the post-processing for the last photo.

Regards and best wishes

Nani said...

Beautiful shot, awesome man-made rainbow!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Well these were just the neatest photo's...not at all what I was expecting but better! Evening entertainment doesn't get much better than that :)